Saturday 3 January 2015

Money Saving Challenge

Hello all! I hope you are all having a fantastic new year! I have been loving having the week after Christmas off – getting started on some organizing projects, hanging some artwork I made for the girls’ rooms.

Today I’m here with a bit of a different post. My cousins over in Ireland did a weekly money-saving challenge and managed to save a huge chunk of money over the past year. I found a similar one on Pinterest  and thought it would be fun to see if I could stick to it and save up some cash. I don’t have a plan for what to spend the money on, I’m just excited to save it up!

The challenge that I found said that by saving $1 the first week, $2 the next week, and so on until by the last week of the year, save $52 for a grand total of $1378.00 saved! This sounds like a great plan, but I thought I needed to make a little tweak. Rather than having to save $49, $50, $51 and $52 in the month of December (prime Christmas present buying time), I decided to switch it up and work backwards for the 52 weeks. So this week, I’ll be putting $52 into my savings canister, next week it’ll be $51, and so on.

For me, the trick is going to be NOT dipping in to the piggy bank when I think I “need” to. So, I scoured the house and found a not-in-use container with a lid, grabbed my trusty hot glue gun and some wrapping paper and got to work making it sealing it up and making it pretty.

I think it turned out alright, I’ve got my savings container and my list of deposit amounts in a kitchen cupboard (because that’s where my purse ends up most nights) and I’m ready to start building my little nest egg.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope I’ve inspired you a little today!

1 comment:

  1. Woah!!! what a great tip to save money, I would say that it is really wise of you share this tip with us. How about to save money while we do some shopping, it's really difficult to save money when we plan to do shopping, but the CouponingBird.com save us from this problem. It has best coupons and deal in the town.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...